How To Get The Best Results From Your Cosmetic Tattoo Treatment
You will get much better results when you properly prep your skin. Here is how to get it ready for the procedure
- You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding unless you can pump and dump for 48 hours.
- Do not come with a sunburned face.
- Discontinue any active ingredient skin care products on the brow area 4 weeks prior to treatment e.g.: Vitamin A/Retinol.
- No Botox 2 weeks’ prior or Filler 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- If taking Fish oil tablets or Vitamin E stop these two weeks before treatment. (natural blood thinners).
- No waxing, tinting, laser, or electrolysis 1 week prior to treatment.
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 4 weeks prior to and 4 weeks post treatment.
- You will need to refrain from excessive sweating (exercise) for one week after treatment.
- You must not have eyelash extensions if you are getting eyeliner tattoo.
- Please get in touch if you have any allergies to anesthetic or if you are on any major medications.
To Avoid Excessive Bleeding And Poor Colour Deposit
- Do not drink alcohol 48 hours before your appointment.
- Do not consume coffee 24 hours before your procedure.
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief as this thins the blood.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
- Do not wait longer than 8 weeks for your second appointment.
- Avoid sweating for the first two days, and excessive sweating for remaining 10 days.
- Avoid swimming – for entire healing process – after this time you can apply a barrier cream (Vaseline) to protect the treatment area.
- Avoid saunas, hot tubs, long, hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid putting your face directly under the shower for 10 days.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise or sweating for 10 days.
- No makeup on the area for 10 days.
- No facials, Botox, Fillers, or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid Laser or Chemical Peels for 30 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area for 10 days.
- Smoking and excess alcohol can slow the healing process.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour.
- Keep free of dust, dirt etc.
- Always use clean hands if touching the treatment area.
- Be sure to contact your Doctor if there is any possibility of infection in the treatment area.
- Important note about showering – Limit your showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Keep your face/procedure area out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet at the end of the shower. Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area.
- Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine, you will have much better results with your procedure. Your aftercare routine is responsible for 70% of the treatment’s success!